KIRIAKOS KOTSINIS, MA
Director/Screenwriter, Editor, Author
Kiriakos Kotsinis was born in Greece. He is a director, screenwriter, editor and an author. He studied at Thessaloniki (Greece), where he obtained a Bachelor's degree in Civil Infrastructure and a Bachelor’s degree in Film & Theatre studies.
Kiriakos Kotsinis was born in Greece. He is a director, screenwriter, editor and author. He studied at Thessaloniki (Greece), where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Infrastructure and a Bachelor’s degree in Film & Theatre studies. He continued his studies in Manchester (UK), where he received his Master’s degree in Continental Philosophy & Philosophy of Art. During his studies, he made his first steps into filmmaking, directing and producing one short and one feature film. After his academic education, he made an unfortunate break (as he puts it) working for four years as an independent contractor in the line of constructions and commerce. An unfortunate relationship in which he put an end to in order to get back to his one and only true passion, cinema! For the last fifteen years he has written, directed and produced over fifteen short films, including a web series and numerous video clips. His web series, a 7 episodes no budget series (2010-2013), was broadcasted in the UK, on MYTV. His first novel “More Time” was published in 2019 while his last three short films have won over 40 awards in established film festivals all around the world.
KONSTANTINOS AKRIVOS, PhD
Philosopher, Aesthetics Theorist
Konstantinos was born on 26/4/1973. He holds a PhD (1998-2004) form the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Dept of Philosophy on Ancient Geek Philosophy: Aristotle, (Class A' Distinction).
Konstantinos was born on 26/4/1973. He holds a PhD (1998-2004) form the National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, Dept of Philosophy on Ancient Geek Philosophy: Aristotle, (Class A’ Distinction). A BA degree (1992-1996) from Panteion University of Athens, Dept of Communication & Mass Media Orientation on “Communication & Cultural Studies”, Class A’ Distinction (8.73), while he received additional training (1993-1994) at LEICESTER University U.K.: Sociology Dept, Communication Centre.
• “Punctuation: A Philosophical Interpretation”, Graduation Paper in Panteion University, supervised by Professor D. Potamianos.
• “Metonymy and Derrida’s Margins of Philosophy”, Leicester University, Sociology Department, supervised by Professor Sallie Westwood.
• “Aporia, Question and Answer in Aristotle”, Phd Thesis supervised by Professors N. Chronis, D. Koutras and D. Moukanos.
• Book: “The Adventure of Questioning in Aristotle’’, published by, Ellinika Grammata, Athens 2007, p. 478.
• “The Aristotelian transformation of the traditional ontological question τί έστιν into the deterministic interrogative formation τί ήν είναι. Philosophical Consequences”, in Greek Philosophical Review, 22, 66, September. 2005 pp. 227-242
• “The problem of Individuation”, in dedicatory issue to Professor D. Koutras, “Vita Contemplativa”, published by National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2006, pp 15-24.
• “Communication & Understanding: Question, Logos and the Inherent Infeasibility” “Diavazo”, Greek Periodical Book Review, Issue 348,“Communication Theory” 1995, pp 163-169.
• Book Review: “History and Subjectivity in Hegel’ by Prof. G. Apostolopoulou, Periodical Skepsis (A Journal for Philosophy and InterDisciplinary Researchj) v. VIII, 1997, pp. 230-232.
Papers in Conferences
• 17th International Conference of Philosophy, Samos & Patmos 2005. “Difference & Personality: How are they rescued from Plurality?”
• 11th Hellenic Conference of Philosophy, Patras 2008: “The Subject and the Interrogative Form”.
• 22nd International Conference of Philosophy Kalamata 2010: “Environment’s future is decided according to what is allowed in man’s interaction with space”. Public Lectures – Presentations
• 2005 (March 21st Museum of Cycladic Art, Athens) Presentation of Research Results, “Innovation & Entrepreneurship in Greece” which I conducted in collaboration with Panteion University and the “Greek Institute of Communication”. Extensive references in Press (TA NEA, ELEFTEROS TYPOS, KATHIMERINI) and News Bulletins (ALPHA, ALTER, NET).
• 2005 (April 21st), Lecture under the title “The Work of Art and Novelty” in Parnassos Literary Society Historic Hall, Athens, invited by Professor D. Koutras.
• 2006 (November 23rd ) Lecture under the title “How Artistic Talent produces Aesthetic Values” in Parnassos Literary Society Historic Hall, Athens invited by Professor D. Koutras.
• 2007 (February 2nd) lecture in Dasein (philosophical cafe) under the title «Talent and Artistic Creation».
• 2009 (January 29th) Lecture under the title “Following the Internal Path of an artist towards his masterpiece”, in Benaki Museum Amphitheater, Athens, invited by photographer and art critic Platon Rivelis.
• 2011 (February 21 ) Lecture under the title “Nama. Artist as an originator”, at Leandros Spartiotis Gallery, Preveza.
Organization of Public Open Philosophical Meetings in various cities of Greece (Athens, loannina, Lefkada, Preveza, Arta) since December 2008. I have organized over 30 meetings with various subjects and important speakers (philosophers, psychoanalysts and artists) aiming at communicating philosophical thinking and engaging wider audiences.Some meetings’ titles: “Heidegger, The Origin of the work of Art”, “Heidegger, the Philosopher who thinks Greek”, “Art and Masterpiece”, “Artistic genius: What is it, “Globalization, the new Babel era”, “The Garden of Epicurus”, “Heraclitus”, “Eros and Philosophy. What can philosophers say about Love?”, “Philosophy and Psychoanalysis” and many more.
Epekeina: A 100 min Documentary about Life and Death.
I have written, directed and produced a philosophical documentary called “Epekeina” which has been repeatedly shown by national Greek television.
Company: SMARTLAND Creative Promotion Field: (BTL, promotional activities, events, pr, interactive promotional systems) Position: Founder, Managing Partner Main Clients: Loreal Maybelline-GEMEY, BODYLINE, Taste & Diet, Gilli Diet, Silhouette, etc
2005 March – 2007 April:
Company: qed Market Research.
Position: Manager (Client Service Dpt)
Specializing in strategic planning research, brand equity research & qualitative analysis. I have organized more than 150 researches, both consumer and social, for a wide range of clients.
-Designed and supervised Research Program for the “Evaluation of Professional Orientation Practice in National Greek Educational system”, (2006-2007)
-Designed and supervised Research Program for the «Qualitative Evaluation of Education System in Greece” (2006-2007).
• Ministry of Education, Managing Authority of Operational Program “Education and Initial Vocational training”: Designed and supervised Research Program for the Evaluation of Institution’s Communication Strategy and public image.
• Institute of Communication: Designed and supervised a Research, in cooperation with Panteion University and the Greek Institute of Communication, about “Innovation & Greek Entrepreneurship”(2006)
MRB Hellas (kantar /kmr)
Position: Qualitative Research Consultant
2008 June to present:
• Region of Epirus, Preveza
Prefect’s Office, Communication, Mass Media & Tourism • 2008-2011
Technological Educational Institute of Epirus Department of Finance & Auditing Position: Lecturer Subject: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Public Institute of Vocational Training (IEK) Halandri, Athens Subjects: «Methodology of Research»
1992-1993: Journalist in “Tachidromos” magazine 1992-1993: Radio broadcaster 2010-11: Municipal Radio of Preveza: Production and presentation of Radio Programme with Philosophical and Art topics.
• Magazine: Marketing Report, (issue 511, June 2001, pp 16-17) «Sales Promotion: a robot sales promoter.», issue’s main article.
• Magazine: Marketing Report, (issue 512, June 2001, pp. 16-22 ) «Media Research», issue’s main article.
• Magazine: Marketing Report, (issue 515, July 2001, pp 8-14) « The Epistemology of Communication Research » issue’s main article.
Magazine: Madame Figaro,( issue 37, November 1997, pp 116-122), issue’s main story Greek Dream, personal interview. Magazine “Modern Advertising” (issue 936, June 2002, pp 26-30), «Direct Marketing in Greece », Magazine: «Marketing Report», (issue 468, June 2000, pp 10-14) “Direct Marketing & Sales Promotion”, Magazine “Modern Advertising”, (i 845, April 2000, pp.20-1)Newspaper “Aggelioforos” (9/2005) personal interview as Manager in qed. Title “Woman under Research Microscope. Radio SKY 15/5/2006, live interview on research results, Art Tv.
EPICA (Europe’s Best Advertising) (1999) in New Media category Company: SMARTLAND Client: L’OREAL FERIA
Project: “Color Studio”, interactive promotion kiosk
EVA VLACHOY, MA
Film Critic, Filmmaker
Evangelia Vlachou is an Athens based film critic and film maker. She holds a Master in Film Studies at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Fine Arts.
Evangelia Vlachou is an Athens based film critic and film maker. She holds a Master in Film Studies at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Department of Fine Arts. Vlachou’s thesis is focused in direction of photopraphy/cimematography and postmodernism in film theory. She has worked in a variety of independent critically acclaimed projects in Greece and Germany as an assistant DoP and member of the directing department. Her work as a theorist attempts to light the dark corners of film interpretation. Vlachou’s analysis and evaluation of films does not only emerges from her theoretic knowledge but also from her practical experience.
Visual Artist, Fine Art Professional, PhD candidate at ASFA
Theodoros Giannakis (born 1979 in Preveza, Greece) is a graduate of the Athens School of Fine Arts and of the MFA program in Digital Media Management at London Metropolitan University in London.
Theodoros Giannakis (born 1979 in Preveza, Greece) is a graduate of the Athens School of Fine Arts and of the MFA program in Digital Media Management at London Metropolitan University in London. He is currently working on a doctoral thesis at the Department of Visual Arts of the Athens School of Fine Arts, with a scholarship from the A.G Leventis Foundation. He has present his work in solo exhibitions at Union Pacific (London), Eleni Koroneou (Athens), Radio Athenes(Athens) and SPACE (London) and has taken part in international group exhibitions in art venues, museums and institutions such as the New Museum of New York, the National Museum of Contemporary Art, Delphi Archeological Museum, Fondazione Prada, Ontario College of Art and Design, V22 Collection, and Futura Center for Contemporary Art. As a member of KERNEL art collective, he has curated exhibition and events and has lectured on his research at ICA London, the National Museum of Contemporary Art, the National Hellenic Research Foundation and at the Athens School of Fine Arts.
GRIGORIS ELEFTHERIOU, MA
Composer/Musician and Tutor
Greg Eleftheriou is an award-winning composer/musician and tutor. He studied electric guitar and composition in Athens and London. His musical activity varies from composing music for films and theatre, perfoming and teaching.
Greg Eleftheriou is an award-winning composer/musician and tutor. He studied electric guitar and composition in Athens and London. His musical activity varies from composing music for films and theatre, perfoming and teaching. Over the last decade, Greg’s film music has been awarded multiple times as “Best Original Score” in different film festivals around the world, his collaboration with music groups has led him touring repeatedly in Europe and in Latin America and some of his concert music has been performed at the finest venues of his home country. In parallel with his artistic journey, Greg teaches young musicians worldwide aiding them in exploring the possibilities of the musical language and articulating their own vision.
-A syrian film critic, writes and publishes his film reviews at Syrian and Arab magazines and websites.
-A syrian film critic, writes and publishes his film reviews at Syrian and Arab magazines and websites. – Head of cinema department at Mada Cultural Organization, manages and organizes cinematic screenings and discussion sessions with guest directors, also he writes and edits the cinema column for the quarterly Mada Cultural Magazine. -He worked as a programmer at Arab film festivals, in Syria, Palestine, Sudan and Algeria. -He worked as a distributor for some of Syrian and international short films.
Christina Gerogiannis was born and raised in Paris (France). She graduated from Athens Drama School of G. Theodossiadis in 2006, although she had already appeared on stage since 2005.
Christina Gerogiannis was born and raised in Paris (France). She graduated from Athens Drama School of G. Theodossiadis in 2006, although she had already appeared on stage since 2005. Before that, she finished ANT1 Filmmaking School in 2002. She also works as a translator and a voice over actress for poetry, documentaries… In Theatre, she has collaborated with Kinitiras dance theatre company in plays such as Clytemnestra Invisible, the Net … (Megaron of Athens, Bangkok Festival,…). She has also taken part in prose and musical theatre such as Delikanis (Herodion Atticus Theatre), Rocky Horror Show, Memento Mori, Yesmanity, Kataklysmos … We have seen her on TV from her first steps till now in series of MEGA Channel (Latremenoi mou geitones, Polykatoikia…) and ANT1 (Gynaika horis onoma). In Cinema, we distinguish among others, two movies in which she played: Rainy Days by Alessandro Spiliotopulos and Forgotten Alive by Kiriakos Kotsinis. At this moment she is working on a short film in French, a script by Kiriakos Kotsinis…
Dimitris was born , raised and lives in Athens. He graduated from Athens ‘ Central stage of performing arts in 2008 and since then he works continuously on stage , tv and movie productions.
Dimitris was born , raised and lives in Athens. He graduated from Athens ‘ Central stage of performing arts in 2008 and since then he works continuously on stage , tv and movie productions. He has also studied dance( istd intermediate modern dance) and vocals( music school Emmetron – musical theatre ) Some of his most characteristic performancies on stage was his role of Salvatore in the name of the rose of Umberto Eco in 2020, of Cleante in the miser of Moliere in 2019,of Dikaiopolis in Acharnians of Aristophanes in 2019, of Mr Sirelli in right you are( if you think so) of Pirandello in 2018,of Baldock in Eduard II of Christofer Marlowe in 2018, of Orestes in Orestes of Euripides in 2018. He had also participated in leading roles in Penelope Delta meets Magas , Kill Deal, Free Rider, The Convict e.t.c. On screen we have seen him in tv series Sto para 5, Poios mas pianei MEGA channel, Se eida ALPHA channel, Lola, Erotas ANT1 channel and Logo Timis SKAI channel Last but not least his greater love as he confesses is movies. He had the opportunity to participate as a leading actor in the feature films Love affair of George Papagaroufalis in2019, Outlanders of Antonis Mandranis in 2018, Ein Atem of Christian Zubert 2015 and Goldfish of Thanos Tsavlis in 2014 and in short films Mea Culpa of Alexandros Anagnostopoulos 2016, At the Cabaret of Theodoros Palazis in 2018, Fishing we’re going of Doretta Panagopoulou in 2018 and Forgotten Alive of Kiriakos Kotsinis in 2019 His hobbies are martial arts( kick boxing), football, basketball, kart. Reading, dancing and social activities such as going out with friends….
KOSMAS MARKIS (guest juror)
Kosmas Markis Born 1967, in Greece. Graduate of English Language and Literature. He is also, college graduate in Graphic Arts. Work as a State Secondary School teacher.
Kosmas Markis Born 1967, in Greece. Graduate of English Language and Literature. He is also, college graduate in Graphic Arts. Works as a State Secondary School teacher. Kosmas has been an actor and stage director for over 30 years. As current member of local Experimenting & Performing Company have acted several roles from Ancient Tragedy to Modern Drama. Have also acted different characters for short films and online web series. As director have staged musical performances with several Music Schools and dance-theatre dramas with Avlaia Art Company as well as a number of interactive street theatre performances. Have participated in festivals all over the county with all companies and have won many distinctions and nominations. All in short, an Art lover, with cinema, comics and music sharing an equal part with all above.